A Special Message to Guests and Friends
Concerning COVID – 19
July 28, 2020
We want to let our Guests and Friends know we are taking steps to provide for a safe 2020 season. New York State has been taking a Regional, step by step reopening approach. As of June 25, the North Country including Blue Mountain Lake reached Phase 4 of reopening. Based on information provided by multiple public health agencies, we are taking preventive measures to protect the safety and well-being of both our guests and staff. These efforts include:
- Our housekeeping staff will be using CDC approved commercial grade sanitizer and cleaning solutions to disinfect guest rooms and common area surfaces such as door handles, knobs, counter tops, bathroom fixtures, light switches, etc.
- Our meals will continue to be individual a la carte; no buffet meals are currently planned.
- Regular restaurant table service is now allowed at 50% of restaurant capacity. The Benton Dining Room has spaced the tables according to New York State guidelines. If any guest is uncomfortable with the dining room, meals can be delivered to the Birch Room and picnic tables on the property. Meals can also be picked up for your own cabin or room.
- At this time reservations cannot be made for breakfast or dinner if you are not staying at The Hedges.
- All of our staff will follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.
- The Hedges is using hydrogen peroxide fogging to provide additional sanitizing of guest rooms and public spaces.
- Programs which gather guests including campfires are not yet planned; this will be evaluated weekly as health advisories change.
- Please do not come to The Hedges if you are ill, currently have COVID-19, or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 until you are past the waiting period as advised by your local health officials.
- NYS, NJ and CT have issued a Travel Advisory described on this website. Guests traveling from restricted states are communicating with our staff about their plans.
- Prior to your arrival, you will receive via email a waiver concerning swimming and biking, a waiver of liability concerning COVID-19 and an acknowledgement of your responsibilities as a guest of The Hedges. Please read and sign these.
- For the 2020 season, our cancellation policy has changed: A full deposit refund will be issued for cancellations made three weeks prior to arrival date, or at any time before arrival date due to positive COVID-19 diagnosis or confirmed virus contact according to your local health department. Partial deposit refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis for cancellations of less than three weeks for other reasons. Please use these forms if you are cancelling your reservation: Request Full Refund Request Partial Refund
The health and safety of our guests and employees are of the utmost importance. We will continue to closely monitor all developments and will take all necessary steps to protect everyone who enjoys The Hedges. We are committed to ensuring your continued enjoyment of the unique experience that is The Hedges. We can’t wait to welcome you for the 2020 season!
The Hedges on Blue Mountain Lake, LLC