A Special Message to Guests and Friends
Concerning COVID – 19
May 2, 2020
The news and our schedules are currently dominated by COVID-19 updates. We want to let our Guests and Friends know we are taking steps to be prepared for the 2020 season in a safe and proactive manner. Based on information provided by multiple public health agencies, we will take preventive measures to protect the safety and well-being of both our guests and staff. These efforts will include:
- Our housekeeping staff will be using CDC approved commercial grade wipes and cleaning solutions to disinfect guest rooms and common area surfaces such as door handles, knobs, counter tops, bathroom fixtures, light switches, etc.
- Our meals will continue to be individual a la carte; no buffet meals are currently planned.
- Restaurant table service is not allowed in New York State at this time. Breakfast and dinner will be the same high quality to which you are accustomed, prepared for either pick up or to be delivered by our staff.
- A light lunch for pick up is being considered to enhance your Hedges experience.
- The Hedges will return to table service if it is allowed by New York State and the Hamilton County Department of Health.
- All of our staff will follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.
- The Hedges is exploring the use of hydrogen peroxide fogging to provide additional sanitation for guest rooms and public spaces.
- Programs which gather guests including campfires are not yet planned; this will be evaluated weekly as health advisories change.
- The Hedges has delayed opening until June 17th. If that date changes, Clippings newsletter will be used to notify everyone immediately. Another decision on opening date may be made in late May.
- If your reservation is directly impacted by a delay in opening, our reservations staff will be in touch to see if you could be accommodated later in the season.
- Please do not come to The Hedges if you are ill, currently have COVID-19, or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 until you are past the waiting period as advised by your local health officials.
- For the 2020 season, our cancellation policy has changed: A full deposit refund will be issued for cancellations made three weeks prior to arrival date, or at any time before arrival date due to positive COVID-19 diagnosis or confirmed virus contact according to your local health department. Partial deposit refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis for cancellations of less than three weeks for other reasons. Please use these forms if you are cancelling your reservation: Request Full Refund Request Partial Refund
The health and safety of our guests and employees are of the utmost importance. We will continue to closely monitor all developments and will take all necessary steps to protect everyone who enjoys The Hedges. We are committed to ensuring your continued enjoyment of the unique experience that is The Hedges. We can’t wait to welcome you for another season!
The Hedges on Blue Mountain Lake, LLC