“The Hedges Centennial Day”
Proclamations were made by the New York State Senate and Assembly, the County of Hamilton and the Town of Indian Lake in recognition of the first guests being welcomed at The Hedges on May 28 in 1921!
The Hedges on Blue Mountain Lake is celebrating the 100th anniversary of being open to guests for the first time in 1921 in numerous ways that we want you to know about.
- An historic marker has been installed on Hedges Road!
- ”The Hedges: The Story of Twelve Precious Acres on Blue Mountain Lake” book authored by Roger Kessel has been being published and copies may be purchased at the Crow’s Nest shop and on Amazon. Read more here.
- Displays telling The Hedges’ story with images and captions will be strategically located around the property.
- Proclamations honoring the Centennial were made by the Town of Indian Lake, Hamilton County, and NYS Senate and Assembly.
- Media advertisements and stories will help increase visibility of the strong foundation on which the current rustic resort persists and succeeds.
- The Crow’s Nest gift shop will be carrying several commemorative items this season including special placemats, clothing, posters, and cocktail napkins, in addition to the usual wide variety of items and the 2022 Calendar. “Since 1921” has been added to many items to recognize our history.
- Every guest will receive a special Centennial placemat, and copies will be on sale at the Crow’s Nest (see image below).
- Guests will receive the Centennial Challenge form upon check-in for those seeking an active stay and who are interested in some of the timeless traditional activities. Commemorative pins will be available to those who participate.
- Backgrounds for online meetings are available for any fan of The Hedges. Download images!