The Hedges plan for operation during COVID-19 pandemic
- Hand washing
- Correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. Employees will wash their hands, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes (for 20 seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break, and before starting a shift.
- Physical distancing
- The Hedges staff will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Staff members are required to wear masks or face shields if they are not able to maintain appropriate distances or are interacting directly with more than one person at a time.
- When allowed by state guidelines, dining room tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Gloves will be worn by those whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts. This includes housekeeping, public area attendants and other employees in direct contact with guests.
- Temperature checks of employees will be done daily.
- Diagnostic testing of the staff will be performed on a regular basis.
- All Guests will have their temperature taken upon arrival to the property.
- Physical distancing
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by maintaining at least six feet distance away from other groups of people not traveling with them while sitting or moving around the property.
- Guests will be required to wear a face mask during all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Guests will be advised that The Hedges staff will be circulating daily taking temperatures. If any guest is found to have a temperature of 100⁰F or higher they will be immediately directed to check-out and seek health services upon return to home.
- Guests will be advised that they must take responsibility for notifying The Hedges should they become positive for the virus within two weeks after they leave.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be positioned in main areas of The Hedges, including office and gift shop, boat dock, bike shed, Stone Lodge porch, Main Lodge porch, Dining Room porch and east entrance, and kitchen entrance for employees.
- The docks are to be sanitized daily.
- Guest areas:
- Cleaning and disinfecting shall be frequent (multiple times per day) with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard non-porous surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, door handles, public bathrooms, ice machines, room keys and locks, stair handrails, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
- Back of the house sanitization:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch areas shall occur in accordance with CDC guidelines, including at least twice per day in high traffic areas. Handwashing stations and access to hand sanitizer will be convenient and highly visible.
- Shared Equipment:
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, engineering tools, safety buttons, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks and all other direct contact items used throughout the property.
- Upon check out – in addition to standard practices – guest rooms will be disinfected using:
- Hydrogen Peroxide fogger in main rooms, bedrooms and bathroom targeting furniture seating and arm resting surfaces, throw pillows, blankets that are not being laundered, closet areas, sink, toilet seat and bowl, shower area and window sills and hardware.
- Isopropyl Alcohol wiping of door knobs and handles, thermostat and other frequently touched surfaces.
- UV-C wand light applied on room and bathroom surfaces treated above as an additional sanitization practice.
- Daily – Housekeeping will be available upon special request to minimize the number of people entering the rooms and cabins.
- Dorm House will be disinfected in the same way as lodging for guests.
Room Recovery Protocol
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19 the affected guest room shall be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room shall not be returned to service until undergoing an enhanced cleaning and disinfecting utilizing EPA approved products within CDC guidelines.
- Maximum of two guests may sit or stand at the desk at one time. Credit card swipe will be moved to front of the desk. A sneeze guard was installed at the desk to protect guests and employees
- Front of the House Signage: There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property including the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks.
- Back of the House Signage: Signage shall be posted at a minimum in areas employees frequently enter or exit. Signage will remind employees of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose masks, use gloves, wash hands, sneeze and to avoid touching their faces.
Reporting and Training
- Employee and Guest confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be immediately reported to Hamilton County Health Department.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 safety and facility sanitation protocol training based on recommendations from the CDC with more comprehensive training, consistent with the CDC, for employees with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage services.
June 4, 2020